
When I went to Peru, I thought it was to just rock babies; however after arriving, I soon learned God had a greater purpose in mind.
One of my special God moments was with one of our translators as God gave me a special relationship with Roxana, a young mother, during our week in Peru. This is a picture of a very special moment I had with Roxana one day after she had shared her personal story of how her husband had left her when she became pregnant with her two year twin daughters, leaving her to raise her girls without a father or financial support. God brought to my mind the verse, Jeremiah 29:11, as I told her this verse was special to me when I had been going through a difficult time in my life. I quoted the verse to her since I did not have my bible with me that day to show her where the verse is located, but she told me she had her Spanish bible and when she opened it, her bible fell open to Jeremiah 29. Only God could provide moments like these to encourage others and provide His hope to them. Roxana is a Christian; however, I believe God wanted her to be reassured how He is leading her in her journey to trust Him each day and to strengthen her faith. Also, God reminded me how important it is to hide His word in our hearts for us to be able to share scripture at those unexpected moments when we may not have a bible handy.

Susan happened to be walking behind us and caught the moment on camera. Susan posted the picture on Roxana’s Face Book and below is Roxana’s response:
That was really great! Lyn was telling me about a passage in Jeremiah that she likes a lot and I told her that I had my bible with me but in Spanish, then I just opened my Bible and I opened the book of Jeremiah, chapter and verse that she was talking about!!! I almost cried.
No comments:
Post a Comment