Monday, January 25, 2010

Nancy's Story

My first time to see "la comunidad" or the orphanage was wonderful. I really had no expectations about it, so it was really neat just to see it for what it was. Miguel, founder of the orphanage, shared his story with us and showed us around the community.


We also went to visit with the little boys, and that moment changed my life. This was one of the few times that I have seen unconditional love coming from a human standpoint. These boys were absolutely precious, and all they wanted was for you to love them. They already loved you.











I was so glad that the others on this trip were spiritually strong. There were questions that I was asked and did not know the answer to. The people here are so very hungry to hear about Jesus coming to save them, but it's something many of them have thought hard about. Having a relationship with Christ means a life-long commitment, and they do not take this lightly.

There were so many ways that God moved during the week, and just a few moments that I never want to forget are the impromptu worship service, talking with Wilbur, listening to Lauren share the gospel COUNTLESS times, the smiles of the children, sharing the gospel, sitting on the roof top reading the Bible with Jon, salsa dancing lessons with the girls, beading, and then some funny ones like accidentally telling the french man I love him, hearing Lauren say "mi nombre" and our waiter thinking she said "mi hombre!", sicknasty bathroom that Michael cleaned, kick-a herbal serum, miranda's blister (poor thing!), sun burns, lack of showers/hot water, Stephen's dance, and so very many more. Feel free to ask about any of these, and I will tell you. There is just too much to write for me to record more about each event individually.

In addition to getting to know these awesome kids, I now have 30 new friends who accepted me into their family even though I had never met some of them. The members of Southmont are absolutely amazing and I consider myself so very blessed to have been able to go on a trip with them. They were my family during this week, and I still consider them family.

No comments:

Post a Comment